About the Role
An opportunity for a Yard Operative has come available . It is a hands-on role and the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the delivery team of Construction Projects by ensuring maximum personnel, vehicles, materials and plant efficiency of ongoing activities in construction, development and property investment sectors. PLUS ensuring that reclaimed and surplus materials are stored, and available for re-use from our yard, quarry, and workshop department.
The candidate will have a good eye for detail and take pride in their work, must be Health & Safety compliant and be open to continued, relevant training. All applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK, and have a full, clean Driving Licence. General duties of the role include:
- Storage and housekeeping of yard, deliveries and stock. Ensuring yard is clean, tidy and hazard free at all times. Managing and counting stock & reporting damages.
- Assist with loading and unloading wagons and goods vehicles, distributing deliveries and stock appropriately.
- Cleaning material, plant and goods that are returning to yard, and ensuring plant is well maintained.
- Must be able to work competently as a team, while this role requires some physical lone working, actively engaging in smaller groups is imperative.
- Experience with excavators, fork trucks & telehandlers preferable.
- Keen awareness of health and safety standards and aware of dangers in and around the workspace.
- Report to Plant Manager, working alongside a plant fitter & cargo driver.
How to Apply
In the first instance, please send your CV for further information please contact [email protected]